Rega Kyte Bookshelf Speakers
The Rega Kyte speakers are designed as a compact, full range loudspeaker and perfectly suited to the Planar 1 and Io amplifier.
- Custom designed phenolic resin cabinets
- Unique ceramic plate & cross brace construction
- Handmade MX-125 bass-mid unit
- Rega designed ZRR high frequency unit
- Bass reflex design, rear ported
- UK designed and manufactured
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
Experience the true voice of Rega components with the all new Kyte loudspeaker system.
The Kyte's are meticulously hand assembled in house using our unique design phenolic resin cabinet.
Internally they feature ceramic plates and carefully engineered cross bracing developed to make the cabinet extremely stiff. This prevents unwanted resonances interfering with the accurate output of the drive units and directly improves both dynamics and the bass performance from the speaker.
The Kytes are easy to position and are supplied with an optional foot to allow for various positioning giving the user greater flexibility.
Familar build quality
So why phenolic?
Historically the accepted perception of a loudspeaker was a rectangular shaped wood veneered cabinet to compliment household wood furniture.
Injection moulded plastic loudspeaker cabinets are not new but flexible moulded plastic has been reserved for the PA world or small desktop loudspeakers where convenience and portability were a priority over sonic performance.
This more recent domestic acceptance of non-wood functional cabinet shapes has allowed Rega to achieve a long term dream.
We have made a massive investment into injection moulding of stiff thermoset phenolic resin and collaborated with British company to achieve it.
The natural stiffness of phenolic resin is a big advantage which has been further enhanced with ceramic plates and a complex internal cross brace structure.
This unique cabinet constructions has been achieved at one third of the price of other British made quality loudspeakers.
- System: 2 way
- Enclosure Design: Bass reflex, rear ported
- Cabinet Construction: Phenolic resin
- Mid / Bass Unit: Rega MX-125
- Impedance: Nominal 6 Ω
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- High Frequency Unit: Rega ZZR
- Dimensions (with rear foot fitted) (H x W x D) 325 x 188 x 232 mm
- Weight (each): 3.73 kg
- Power Handling: 80 W per channel